Muscular Evaluation and Treatment Series. Take 1 or take all 4 for a thorough understanding of assessing structural dysfunction and recreating pain. Help your clients to achieve a better quality of life.
$90 for each workshop
- Do YOU want to make more $ with your massage?
- Would YOU like to improve your assessment skills?
- Would YOU like to gain more confidence when addressing causes of your clients pain?
- Are YOU ready to take you pain assessment and advanced skills to the next level?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then Muscular Evaluation and Treatment is for you.
As Judith Delaney, LMT states “In order to practice competently within this medically oriented arena, a firm foundation in anatomy, physiology, and functional biomechanics, as well as exceptional manual therapy training and practical experience are required”
Judith is the founder and director of the International Academy of NeuroMuscular Therapies, and the Director of the NMT Center, an educational/training organization that produces NMT events nationwide and internationally for the healthcare industries.
Our Muscular Evaluation and Treatment (MET) Workshops take what sometimes is an overwhelming and intimidating aspect of our industry, and, breaks it down into a manageable, less intimidating learning experience.
Muscular Evaluation and Treatment is designed to help the therapist improve their structural assessment skills and help derive the potential causes of pain.
- Is the sensation of pain stemming from?
- muscular trauma
- contractile or inert tissue
- nerve damage
- repetitive motion dysfunction
- postural misalignment
- How might you be able to provide treatment once you have assessed your client?
In this four-part series, each workshop is designed specifically to address a particular body segment.. Our mission is to ensure you receive a high quality educational experience, and, leave these workshops feeling confident, you can use your new assessment and treatment skills effectively. Each workshop is independent of the other, there are no prerequisites, attend all 4 in the series or just one.
What you will learn:
- Thorough understanding of gathering historical data from your clients
- Observation skills to assess your client’s structural dysfunction
- Techniques to help evaluate pain
- Treatment Techniques
- Origin and Insertion Compress and Strip
- Elongation (Stretching)
- Horizontal/Vertical Technique
These workshops are based off the materials in Orthopedic Assessment in Massage Therapy, by Whitney Lowe. This reference material is not required for the workshops, however, we encourage you to continue to build your reference library.
Other reference material used in this series are:
Trail Guide to the Body, Andrew Biel.
Trail Guide to Movement, Andrew Biel.
Strength Training Anatomy, Frederic Delavier
Stretching Anatomy, Arnold G. Nelson & Jouko Kokkonen